And the road goes on forever...

Tuesday, February 6, 2018

The Final Stretch

We’ve really been going overtime to try and bring the project in and just yesterday the C of O was issued (certificate of occupancy). Technically, there are still things to be done and the next step now is for the state to issue a license to operate before anyone can occupy the units.


I’ve been doing a multitude of tasks, including helping Marc unpack and distribute all the microwaves into the units. Next came the refrigerators, although with their weight, Marc hired some help, so I mainly handled the wrapping and boxes. I finished punching the common areas and the Alzheimer wing and now await the subs to finish their fix-its before I make my last go-round to check on that. I suspect that within a week or two my part will be all done.
In between all this, I have been sick yet again, my third time since arriving in Yuma. I feel as though all I’ve done this winter here is cough, blow my nose and feel lousy. I honestly don’t know what the deal is since I am rarely sick. It has really soured me on being here and the increasing heat doesn’t help. We are back into the 80’s again after enjoying maybe three days of winter weather all year! 

Some of the fun stuff is happening this week with the furnishings arriving! Four large semi-trucks full rolled up yesterday morning with an army of temp guys to help unpack and lug the items to where the design firm had stipulated by maps and labeling with their planograms. It’s kind of like a vicarious shopping spree for me to see all the delights unwrapped and placed and the way everything is so expertly tied together. It will be beautiful when finished by week’s end. I’ll be back with photos!