And the road goes on forever...

Saturday, March 24, 2012

Road Trip!

It just worked out that I had a vacant Tuesday on April 3rd so I cancelled the two clients I have Monday the 2nd so we can get out of town for awhile. I am more than ready! We are planning on leaving in the camper Friday after my only client, headed towards Sedona for some boondocking with pen pal Mark & Bobbie Johnson. Mark writes a heartfelt blog; wandering to out of the way places to provide his readers with very “artful” photographs: http://boxcanyonblog.blogspot.com/


We’ve been pen pals for years, but have never met. It so happens he and his wife are in Sedona for an art class so we will finally have the chance to do a meet and greet and spend a little time with them—a couple days to be exact. Mark already has a primo boondocking spot where we’ll join them near to the village of Oak Creek. Mark has also graciously offered to take us out to lunch as we peruse the byways of downtown Sedona and Oak Creek Canyon and in reciprocal fashion, we will provide dinner Saturday night with some of Marc’s incredible smoked pulled pork. How is it going to be calling both guys “Mark” you ask? Ha; I don’t know.


From Sedona, Marc and I will leave early Sunday morning headed onward to Prescott and at least a night or two of camping in the pine treed forest at over 5000 feet elevation. Oh, to see an actual forest again! We return Tuesday the 3rd so expect some blog updates that following week as I have time to process pictures and prose.