And the road goes on forever...

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Happy New Year Folks!

Ah, as 2011 comes to a close, we breathe a sigh of relief that it’s over. Another lost year of life for the most part, but at least I accomplished getting my business off the ground and it is thriving. It continues to keep me about as busy as I care to be at my age since it is so very demanding physically, especially on my bad back. 


The good news as we face the incoming New Year is that Marc got called to do a real job finally for a contractor who specializes in building or remodeling restaurants. Marc leaves tomorrow with the little RV for a three week stint at helping to remodel a Chili’s restaurant in north Phoenix, with another one in Mesa to follow at a later date. From the looks of things, work for this contractor could be intermittent and short term since the restaurant remodels are on an extremely strict deadline with heavy penalties to the contractor if the deadlines aren’t met. Since restaurants also must remain open for business that means Marc will work a graveyard schedule, keeping him up all night and sleeping all day. He sure doesn’t look forward to that. Other locations the contractor is bidding on include the San Francisco Bay Area, so there is the potential for Marc to become a road warrior if this works out. Given my business I won’t have the liberty of joining him, so we once again would be back to living separately, which totally sucks. 


But today I’ll concentrate on the bright beginning to the New Year, which is that for three blissful weeks Marc will have a real paycheck. We are thankful for that after so many years of unemployment. We hope you all have a bright beginning to your new year and that it brings peace, good health, and all that you wish for.