And the road goes on forever...

Saturday, March 12, 2011

To Blog or Not to Blog

Life hasn’t really inspired much in me lately so I’m finding it’s been very difficult to come up with something entertaining for my blog. In fact, I’ve been wondering if it is better off shut down. The moment I think along those lines however I also think well, what happens when I may have something I want to say or communicate? Or some sweet, glorious pictures I want to show off?

One of my favorite RV blogs has recently shut down. Not off entirely; but just going on a hiatus of only intending to post when something so inspirational happens, that they feel they can do so willingly and joyfully and not feel it as an obligation. As Marc and I move towards probably what is going to become a much more static and stationary experience in one location, I am left wondering if anything inspirational or novel will happen that I want to blog about? Does a blog of one’s mundane existence really qualify to reach out and grab readers’ attentions when so much else is going on in their lives?

Every one of us has the minutia of everyday life that is similar. It was never my intention to regurgitate explicitly what we do with our days, starting off with what we ate for breakfast. I had always hoped to capture at least the spirit of a new day, a new thought, a new perspective, a new horizon. Without traveling and new scenery, how does one do that?

Bear with me as I ponder through this impasse. Expectations are hard to fulfill sometimes.

Meanwhile, life under the undercarriage continues since Marc’s return from Bend. The task of the axle change-out has proven twice as hard and difficult as he ever imagined. It had to be done, but on the other hand is like a “if I knew then what I know now” situation. It’s probably a good thing he is at the no going back stage, eh?