And the road goes on forever...

Monday, June 28, 2010

Bunny Hop

The streets are so deserted in our neighborhood now that it is a frequent sight to see cottontails feeding on plant life in vacant yards. Startled, they hop on down the street trying to evade me. The roadrunner I happened across this morning also did likewise, hot-footing it so quickly across someone's driveway I barely had a chance to swing my camera up to catch his photo. They are so elusive we never see them when all the snowbirds are in town so this was a special treat.
The days are really due to heat up later this week; to about 115. Just thinking about that heat has me wishing I could be back upon the Colorado River. I miss Marc and am bored sitting indoors all day. He found more to do so won't be returning until about the 4th or 5th of July.