And the road goes on forever...

Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Nesting

It was with a huge sigh of relief that I tugged and pulled the big warehouse tin door shut at noon after pack up and cleanup on Sunday and put the shelter’s 2017 rummage sale to bed. We set a record for earnings, so that was fantastic, but it came at a cost of nearly exhausting me. It’s hard for us to remember what it was like to do a ten-hour day of hard, physical work once we’re retired; add day after day of that and it was indeed, all I could do to keep functioning. Even my kitties got to the point of seeming to say “Not again--you’re leaving us ALL day!”

We opened to a long line of probably 75 people and for the first two hours it was such a feeding frenzy I couldn’t even really get any good photos. I was too busy. So, these three are it! 
We had a warehouse full of contributions, some good things, some novel things, and some outright junk. I myself scored a lovely handmade log birdhouse and an old bird feeder with a darling shingle top. I plan to repurpose this into a pallet bird house as Marc bought me my own skill saw last time he was home. It’s battery operated so light enough for me to use.
Monday morning was wonderful not having to roll out of my yard and I was able to catch up on desperately neglected things around home. The weeds took over of course, cheering my absence; and unfortunately, due to neglect and increasing heat, the garden mostly bolted to seed. 

I’m ready to settle in and just nest for awhile. I look forward to doing some of my crafting things like more glass flowers; I have quite a bit of painting to do and I desperately need to get back to my treadmill. I was also able to score some great looking novels cheaply at the sale and they too, are calling my name. May be time to settle in and read on my new porch bed in case a nap is due as well.