And the road goes on forever...

Thursday, November 8, 2018

Whatever

Marc has come and gone on his latest visit and I didn’t get much time with him, which was depressing. I had to schedule a colonoscopy for when he’d be here to drive me, and that process killed two days, then I was scheduled to work four days. I think we had one full day together when the weather refused to cooperate as well. 

He tried to relax from his stressful job and also got more done on the sunroom. He ran the electrical outlets, used up some leftover insulation he had available, and started on getting up the pine walls. He ran out of material, so the final portion will be done during his next visit at Christmas. I'm left to decide upon which window wrap I want: painted or stain grade. I'm thinking white surround might be too busy and appear too choppy, so am leaning towards having it match the walls. Right now the T&G is natural while I decide if I want to whitewash it or not. Any painting has to wait for summer so I've plenty of time!
Life during this time of year in Wisconsin is mostly a non-event; it’s been a rainy, blustery, cold Fall which precludes getting out much. Yard work is over and done, the lawnmower put away and the snowblower now taking its place waiting for its turn. I’m hopeful I’m able to run it on my own since I leave very early some mornings for work. Having the four-wheel truck is good backup but we hate to run it in winter due to the salt-caused rust. I don’t have that problem with my old Saturn because it’s all plastic quarter panels, hence no rust. 

Marc won’t return for Thanksgiving, so I’ve volunteered to work if someone else at work wants it off with their family. They tell me the bakery gets very busy over the holiday season, so I will likely be doing longer hours soon. By the end of the month I may also get training to work in the deli some as well, and I’m looking forward to that. All in all, I really enjoy having the job and am thankful for it. It gives me a sense of community during these long, lonely days of having a husband I rarely get to see. And so it goes….