And the road goes on forever...

Monday, December 16, 2013

Facing Winter Doldrums Alone

Marc left for Yuma yesterday on a wonderfully sunny but 4 degree day. We drove to the airport in Appleton about 50 miles away and I was just happy we didn’t have to fight bad roads and snow. We are due for more of that much of this week. He has the next two weeks off to return with more of our stuff and the Dodge and cargo trailer we left behind. In addition, his northern California friend Bill is purchasing our smaller fifth wheel trailer so will arrive by Tuesday to pick that up and help Marc with his loading tasks. So while I will suffer in Wisconsin’s white single digits, Marc will bask in Yuma’s nearly 80 and sunny degrees.
I’ve a long two weeks of mostly bad weather stretching out before me so in anticipation of that I gathered some “tools” to combat cabin fever and the winter doldrums. So it’s just me and the kitties hunkered down in front of the fireplace, watching it snow. I’ll become an expert puzzle whiz, relearn how to knit (learned but haven’t done any for 35 years), and finish up the final novels I missed of my favorite now-departed author, Robert B. Parker. Wish me luck!