And the road goes on forever...

Saturday, June 30, 2012

In Anaheim...Bored to Tears

Marc’s latest project hasn’t wrapped up like he thought it might; the painting crew, such as they were, let him down and didn’t seem too interested in getting their job done on time, which should have been this past Friday. Although I arrived here two days ago for our vacation time, I’m cooling my heels in the small RV with the cats, while he sleeps all day getting rested to hit it for another long graveyard shift. We’ll be fortunate to get out of here by 4th of July, headed north through California to stop and see many friends along the way. At this rate, we’ll be lucky to have two weeks in Bend before I have to return to Yuma and my oldsters. 


We have plans at Redding to head west through the mountains to Eureka and will take Highway 101 north along the coast to stay with some friends in Coos Bay, our old stomping grounds, before finally trekking to Bend and my mother’s. I have plans to blog along the way but am not sure how I will do so with no internet.  


Anaheim is the same as I left it over two weeks ago—crowded, expensive, noisy and boring, but at least cool. Yuma has topped triple digits for about four weeks now so I am happy for the break!